Auke Bay Rental Specialist
Bring your love of paddling to Juneau.
*First off, all rental shop guides and specialists are encouraged to use our kayaks and paddleboards, free of charge, to explore the Juneau wilderness on their own time!
Job Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of rental shop kayak and SUP fleet, basic paddling skills and safety, and Juneau paddle areas.
- Provide superior customer service, teach basic kayaking/SUP skills, Facilitate safety briefing to rental guests, transport guests and kayaks to various launch points around Juneau.
- Develop proficiency in retail and rental POS system, handle credit card transactions, maintain rental and retail inventory, answer phones.
- Learn Kayak and SUP repair techniques and assist Manager in maintaining rental fleet.
- Actively maintain safe and clean customer areas, workspaces, bathrooms, and kitchen areas at all Above and Beyond Alaska locations.
- Maintain and safely operate company vehicles.
- Support ABAK glacier and kayak tour operations by preparing snacks, maintaining gear, and assisting guides.
Come Join the Fun & Adventure
- Must be 21 Years of Age or Older
- Available May 1 – September 15 (Flexible)
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certification
- Kayaking/SUP experience preferred.
- Retail Experience preferred
- Proficient with computers (MS Office)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.