Auke Bay Guide
So, you want to guide in Alaska?
Job Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of rental shop kayak and SUP fleet, and Juneau paddle areas.
- Provide superior customer service, teach basic kayaking/SUP skills, Facilitate safety briefing to rental guests, transport guests and kayaks to various launch points around Juneau.
- Develop proficiency in retail and rental POS system, handle credit card transactions, maintain rental and retail inventory, answer phones.
- Learn Kayak and SUP repair techniques and assist with maintaining rental fleet.
- Actively maintain safe and clean customer areas, workspaces, bathrooms, and kitchen areas at all ABAK locations.
- Maintain and safely operate company vehicles.
- Support glacier and kayak tour operations by preparing snacks, maintaining gear, and assisting guides.
- Assist in development and facilitation of half-day guided kayak and SUP tours in Auke Bay Harbor.
- Train Rental Specialists in kayak shop operations, paddling skills, and guiding protocol.
You're gonna love this place.
- Must be 21 Years of Age or Older
- Available May 1 – September 15 (Flexible)
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certification
- Kayaking/SUP experience preferred.
- Retail Experience preferred
- Proficient with computers (MS Office)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.